The Centre for Strategic and Policy Studies (CSPS), Brunei Darussalam is a think tank undertaking objective research in order to provide policy advice on national development issues for Brunei Darussalam. We are seeking a qualified, highly motivated and dynamic individual to join us for the following positions:
Job Code: SENIOR RESEARCHER or RESEARCHER
- Lead and supervise project teams in producing high quality research and policy advice.
- Design, coordinate and conduct research studies including data collection, data analysis, interpretation of findings, and drawing policy implications.
- Lead and/or contribute to project proposals, research reports, policy briefs, working papers, and journal articles.
- Present papers at seminars, workshops, forums, and conferences.
- Mentor and guide junior researchers to assist in their capacity and skill development.
- PhD in relevant fields (Public Policy, Economics, Social Statistics, Data Science) from recognized universities and institutions.
- For Senior Researcher: At least 10 years of working experience in research-related areas including at least 5 years of leadership experience in policy research and analysis.
- For Researcher: At least 5 years of working experience in research-related areas.
- Excellent track record of high-quality publications in relevant fields.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- High level quantitative skills, statistics and data analysis.
Please submit a comprehensive resume, copies of certified certificates and one (1) recent passport size photo (non-returnable) in a sealed envelope to:
Centre for Strategic and Policy Studies, CSPS Building, Simpang 347, Jalan Pasar Baru Gadong BE1318, Brunei Darussalam.
Or email scanned copies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for submission: 19 June 2023, not later than 4:30 pm.
INTERNSHIP AND STUDENT INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT PROGRAMME
The Centre for Strategic and Policy Studies runs a small, highly selective programme for undergraduate, gap year, and graduate interested in gaining first-hand experience in research on economics, social and public policy, and strategic issues concerning Brunei Darussalam, and the operation of a think tank.
All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration for internship, subject to holding Brunei Darussalam nationality or Brunei Darussalam permanent resident.
Candidates must be highly motivated to work in a demanding environment that requires excellent research and analysis as well as communication and project management skills.
This is a volunteer; unpaid internship.
INTERNSHIP PERIOD: To work for two to six months at CSPS.
APPLICATION: Submit CSPS Internship Application Form (download here), resume, a cover letter expressing interest in the position, with dates of availability, contact information for two references, and a writing sample that highlights applicant relevant knowledge and skill. Please submit your application to CSPS Office, 3rd Floor or email to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered complete until all documents are received.
STUDENT INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT PROGRAMME
The Centre for Strategic and Policy Studies runs a small, highly selective programme for students (vocational technical college [VTC] and higher learning institutions) interested in gaining first-hand experience working on relevant field.
All qualified applicants will receive fair consideration for attachment, subject to holding Brunei citizenship.
Student Industrial Attachment Programme (SIAP) is a "work-based experience programme" providing real-life organisational context for students to develop specific or generic skills, valuable to their professional development.
Students can apply and enhance their skills in reality, contribute to the Centre, and, at the same time, obtain invaluable guidance from their mentors and CSPS staff members.
APPLICATION: Application is through official letter of interest submitted by relevant VTC or learning institution.
In their applications, successful candidates must demonstrate:
- Relevant field.
- Excellence through grades and/or scholarships.
- Proficient in both oral and written Malay and English language.
- A record of initiative, engagement and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work independently and good team fit.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ongoing.